Brushing everyday is one of the best ways to take care of your teeth. However, it’s not just that simple. For optimal dental care, follow these six tips.
1. Pick the right brush – Not all brushes are the same, and you need to choose one that fits your mouth.
2. Brush the right way – You should hold your brush at a 45-F-degree angle to your gums and use an up-and-down motion with short strokes.
3. Take your time – While brushing twice a day is recommended, three times is probably best. Also, whenever you brush, make sure you do it for at least two minutes.
4. Don’t overdo it – Conversely, don’t brush too much or for too long, as this can wear down enamel and hurt your gums.
5. Keep it clean – Always rinse your brush, as germs can linger on it.
6. Let it go – Make sure to replace your toothbrush every three to four months or if the bristles are becoming frayed or broken.